C105 – Chemist (Scientist) as Senior IP Counsel / Patent Counsel / Patent Manager (m/f/d)
CYNORA is an emerging materials leader in the global information display industry. The organic light emitting diode (OLED) technology is currently revolutionizing the display market by enabling completely new features for smartphones, tablets and TVs. We have pioneered a unique technology to produce ultra-high-efficiency emitter systems required for next-generation Organic Light Emitting Diode displays. Known as Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF), the technology promises to reduce power consumption by as much as fifty percent.
Our international and multidisciplinary team cooperates with leading display manufacturers worldwide and develops innovative and patented OLED materials. CYNORA is offering flat hierarchies and exciting opportunities for learning and career development. We are constantly expanding our team of currently around 120 employees and are looking for motivated and talented new colleagues. Shape the future with us!
- As Senior IP Counsel you are the competent interface between internal inventors and external patent attorneys at CYNORA
- You advise and support the R&D projects independently with overviews of the IP situation focusing on chemical structures and their application in OLEDs
- You contribute to the patent strategy and form it in line with the company objectives
- You identify and protect patentable technology trends and support the invention harvesting according to the technical road maps
- You prepare patent applications and supervise the examination procedures for the national and international patent offices
- You prepare analyses of the scope of protection and legal validity of third-party rights
- You are involved in the legal design of development collaborations as interface to external legal advisors
- Minimum 2 years of patent law experience, especially in drafting and prosecuting of chemical cases
- A degree in chemistry (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) or comparable qualifications
- Strong understanding of the use of IP tools in strategic business development
- Knowledge in the field of organic electronics, preferably in the field of OLEDs, would be an advantage
- Effective oral and written communication skills combined with an Outstanding attention to detail
- You have very good written and spoken knowledge of English and German
- Varied and challenging opportunities in a growing and innovative technology company
- Modern and cooperative company culture, characterized by constant progress
- Concerted boost of your skills and expertise
- Flexible working hours and a performance-related salary
- Very good transport connections due to our location in the city center of Bruchsal
We are looking forward receiving your application documents in German or English language, indicating your salary expectations and your possible date of entry.